Can you imagine having to take a cold shower during cold wintry months? With so many energy sources to choose from, you may want to consider gas water heating. This gas water heater reviews will show you how to choose the right system for you.
A gas water heater uses natural gas or liquid petroleum gas to heat water above its room temperature. Heaters of this nature come in two major categories:
- Gas storage heaters – heat water, and then store it in insulated cylinders ready for use at multiple points when necessary.
- Gas Continuous flow heaters – heat water continuously, for use on demand.
Benefits of Gas Water Heaters
Hot showers and baths are a good thing. However, your needs for hot water for use in your home should not make you buy gas heaters blindly simply because they are available.
Before you spend your hard-earned money, you need to analyze the results of using different types of heaters for your home. Knowing the benefits of heaters within your home, should go a long way in helping you buy the right one for your needs.
Some of the benefits of using gas heaters in your home to heat water are as follows:
- Gas water heaters come in a variety of sizes, and models. This means that you are in a position to select something that will suit your needs. You will not have to buy a heater that wastes energy when you do not need it.
- Do you hate experiencing hot water supply problems? Gas heaters usually heat water as soon as the tank is filled up. You can therefore enjoy a continuous supply of hot water whenever you need it.
- Electric heaters run on electricity whose production increases greenhouse gas emissions significantly. They also take longer to heat, wasting more energy. Gas heaters on the other hand use less energy, which prevents wastage.
- The current condensing and tank-less has heater models also means that less energy is used for heating and energy wasted is lower. You will therefore save more money on energy bills in the end, by using gas water heaters.
Popular Gas Water heaters in Amazon
Amazon is a great site to shop for gas water heaters. The variety of options with regard to these products is overwhelming.
1. Eccotemp FVI-12-NG High Capacity Gas Tankless Water Heater
Do you want a high capacity tankless gas heater that is safe and affordable? The Eccotemp FVI-12-NG is the way to go. This type of water heater is easy to install and maintain. It also have very low nitrous oxide emissions. This is a tankless gas water heater which means that water is heated as needed.
Other features and benefits include:
- 74,500 BTU energy
- UL energy certification
- Super lightweight: only 20 pounds
- Energy factor of 79
- Comes with a 2 year warranty
- High altitude compliant components
2. A.O. Smith GCG-50 ProMax Tall Gas Water Heater, 50 gal
If you are looking for a stress free water heater that will drastically reduce your energy savings then the A.O. Smith GCG-50 is it. The gas water heater can be mounted in any space in your home.
The self-powered electronic gas valve uses thermopile to generate power needed to operate the electronic gas control without requiring external power and therefore more energy efficient than other gas water heaters. It comes with a 6 years limited warranty as well.
3. Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor Tankless Water Heater
This condensing natural gas heater is great for saving energy. It provides 6.6 gallons a minute of hot water and is great for small apartments or commercial use. Other features include:
- Buffer tank
- Energy Star certification
- 10 year heat exchanger warranty
Additional Reviews about the Products
“I love my Navien product (water heater)! Delivers endless supply of hot water, as they promised. Please be aware that when buying your Navien heater online, you’re not purchasing ANY factory warranty, irrespective of what their adverts say or what their website is saying. The fine print tells us that this unit must be bought from a professional plumber through wholesale supply in order to receive an excellent warranty given by Navien. Always keep this in mind when purchasing!”
You need to be careful when buying any gas water heater. Pay attention to gas water heater reviews. Try to find out about the installation process because it may affect warranty. Research on the energy stars the heater has, and overall warranty for parts and the tank. Also, ensure that you take advantage of discount offers to save money.
If you do your shopping right, buy the right gas heater and follow the installation instructions you will save plenty of money in the long term. You can use the featured products as your starting guide.