There are a number of benefits to making the switch to an electric tankless water heater system. You will be able to enjoy increased energy efficiency and lower operating costs, and because many products of this type are compact, you will be able to save on space around the home. There are a wide range of electric tankless systems on the market, all of which range in price and features. Here are some electric tankless water heater reviews, with focus on the pros and cons of each product.
- Using a tankless water heater can generally save you a significant amount of money on your water bills, even if a new system (and the piping needed to install the system) may cost you more initially.
- You won’t need to spend money on standby heat like other water heater systems as tankless systems provide you with hot water quickly and easily when you need it.
- You also don’t have to waste money heating unused water. Other benefits of using a system like this include the lifespan and durability of the product.
- A typical tankless water heater can last up to 20 years – significantly more than a regular water heater which is expected to last up to 13 years. If you plan on staying in your home for a prolonged period of time, the system could end up paying for itself.
Popular products on Amazon
1. Rheem RTE 13 Electric Tankless Water Heater
This unit is long-lasting and durable, and has received excellent reviews from the customers who have already purchased it. Features include:
- A standard 1/2 inch water connection
- Temperature control on the unit
- Modulating power and a brass/copper heat exchanger
2. EcoSmart: ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater
Utilizing the latest technology, this product is brought to you by EcoSmart and could enable you to save up to 60% on your water bills. Other features of this product include:
- Save on space around the home – with this product you could save up to 12 cubic feet of storage space
- Digital temperature control that is easy to use
- System is easy to clean and maintain
3. EccoTemp Outdoor Tankless Water Heater – L10 High Capacity
Designed for people who need more output when camping, or spending time on vacation, this outdoor tankless water heater is durable and easy to use. Other features include:
- At only 18 pounds, the product is light weight and saves on space
- Available with a rain hood manufactured from stainless steel
- Provides up to 12 hours of use from a tank that measures 20 pounds
Here are some reviews about these type of products:
“This water heater is easy to use, and comes with full instructions. After the unit was installed, I gradually began to notice an improvement in my water bills, and was able to control water temperature from a menu directly on the unit. I would definitely recommend this product – especially if you want a water heater that will enable you to save space around the home”
Advice on buying
When purchasing a tankless water heater, you will need to opt for a product that is easy to use, and comes with a full instructional guide. You may also need to enlist the services of a trained professional to install the unit in your property for you. You will also need to ensure that you have enough space around the home to have the unit installed, so make sure you take the relevant measurements before deciding to purchase a product.
One important thing to bear in mind however is that tankless systems are considerably smaller in size than traditional water heaters. The exact size of the system will depend on the make, model and manufacturer, but can be as small as 10 inches deep, 20 inches wide, and 30 inches in height. This lies in stark comparison to traditional models which can be as big as 60 inches tall and 25 inches wide. In short, you will be able to save space around the home with the use of a tankless system.
If you would like to save money in the long run on your bills, and save space in your home, a waterless tank can prove to be a worthwhile purchase. You will need to comprise a budget and stick to it as realistically as you can when purchasing one of these items, and research the market to ascertain the best product in your particular circumstances. The three tankless water systems featured in this article are among the best on the market, so make sure you check out these products today.