Power vent water heaters have a number of benefits when compared with conventional models, and will draw combustion air from around the heater and use a fan to dispel exhaust gases. The exhaust on the water heater provides great flexibility when it comes to installing the unit in your property, and its lightweight design will save on space. Another benefit of a power vent water heater is that is can save you more money on your utility bills in the long run, and is much better for the environment. Here are the best power vent water heaters, with focus on the benefits of purchasing one of these units.
Benefits of Power Vent Water Heaters
- If the fan in the heater stops running, a signal will stop the gas valve in the unit – preventing the possibility of back-draft. The exhaust in the power vent water heater can also mean that you will be able to position the heater in a part of your home that best suits you, especially as the flue length can stretch up to 40 feet.
- These heater units are easy to install, and could save you money on your energy bills, especially when compared with conventional types of heater.
- The power exhaust in the heater doesn’t need a vertical flue, so can be used with a horizontal vent. A small blower fan in the unit pushes exhaust gas through a flue and will draw air into the combustion chamber.
Popular Products on Amazon
1. Rheem RTG-64DVLN Prestige Low NOx Indoor Direct Vent Water Heater
This product is manufactured by Rheem, famous for developing some of the most innovative and popular natural gas water heater products available on the market today. The unit has a quiet power vent blower, which has a number of benefits over older and louder water heaters. Other features include:
- 6.4 gallon a minute of hot water
- Energy Star certification
- Low Nox water heater
- Unit is high altitude compliant
- Self-diagnosis system integrated into the unit – saving you a lot of time and hassle
- Flammable vapor detection sensor in unit
2. A.O. Smith GPVX-75L ProMax SL Water Heater
This heater is manufactured by A.O. Smith and provides continuous hot water for your home. The unit utilizes the latest technology and provides hot water for when you need it most. Other features include:
- Energy Star certification
- At 292 pounds, the unit has a lightweight design
- Item is easy to set up and install in your property
- Unit is easy to clean and maintain
- 6 year limited warranty
3. Bradford White M1TW50S6FBN-337 50 Gallon Power Vent Water Heater
This model of Bradford White power vent water heater is equipped with Advanced ScreenLok® Technology Flame Arrestor, which is designed to prevent ignition of flammable vapour outside of the water heater. Other benefits include:
- Maintenance Free
- Powerful Blower Motor
- Spark-to-Pilot Ignition System – This device results in savings of pilot gas during standby periods. (110 VAC required to heater).
Here are what customers are saying about these power vent water units:
“This power vent water heater has helped me to save more money on my utility bills compared to my old heater. This is particularly useful when family members come over to stay and we need additional hot waters so everyone can take a shower. The unit is easy to set up and easy to control, with a self diagnosis system inside the unit. Rheem also have a customer service support center, which provides me with peace of mind in case there is a problem with the heater operating in the future, or I just need some more advice. ”
Advice on Buying
As a power vent heater comprises of an exhaust fan, they can work out to be more expensive than a direct vent unit. This type of heater will also require electricity for the fan to operate, so will either need to be positioned close to a power source in your property, or a new power source will need to be installed. If the latter is the case, you will need to factor in this additional cost into your budget. You will also need to choose a brand with an excellent customer service support system in place in case there are any problems with the unit, or you just need some further advice on how to make the most out of your power vent water heater.
A power vent heater is a revolutionary piece of equipment that can save you money, and give you greater flexibility when it comes to installing a unit of this type in your home. The three power vent heaters in the article are among the best products on the market, so remember to check them out today.