Have you thought about making the switch over to a direct vent water heater? They have a number of advantages over conventional types of water heater, and because they have a lightweight and compact design, you could save on space around the home. Direct vent water heaters are also known for their energy efficient properties, meaning you could save more money in the long run. However, with so many of these water heaters on the market, it can be difficult to know the best product to opt for. Here are the best direct vent water heaters, with focus on their product features.
- Benefits of Direct Vent Water Heaters
- Popular Direct Vent Water Heaters on Amazon
- Customer Reviews
- Advice on buying
Benefits of Direct Vent Water Heaters
- Using a direct vent water heater can save you up to 14% on your yearly energy bill, especially as units either meet or exceed Energy Star standards. The air used by the water heater for combustion enters the unit from outside, instead of using air from inside which could have already been used to cool or warm your property.
- Direct vent units are easy to install, and are usually available in 40 or 50 gallon sizes. They can either be used vertically or horizontally, so you won’t need to run the vent through your roof but can do so instead on an adjacent wall.
- Product specifications will depend on the manufacturer but a recent design trend has been to include glass in the unit which can lead to less corrosion over time.
- Direct vent units are also considered safer than other types of heater as they are manufactured with a sealed unit. These units don’t draw air from within the unit, reducing the possibility of gas fumes being released into rooms in your property.
Popular Direct Vent Water Heaters on Amazon
1. Rheem RTGH-95DVLN 9.5 GPM Indoor Direct Vent Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater
With positive reviews from customers who have already purchased the item, this direct vent water unit is manufactured by Rheem, and is long-lasting and durable. Product features include:
+ Low nitrogen oxide emission
+ 0.40 GPM (Minimum Activation Flow Rate) and 0.26 (GPM Minimum Flow Rate)
+ 10 foot of thermostat wire and remote control included
2. EZ Deluxe on Demand 4.4 GPM 85,000 BTU Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
Manufactured by EZ Deluxe, this tankless water heater could save you money on your utility bills. The product provides enough hot water for a 2 bathroom home, and can save on space with its compact design. Other features include:
+ Free direct vent exhaust kit included with product
+ LCD control panel which is easy to use
+ System is easy to maintain and clean
3. Rheem RTGH-95DVN Direct Vent Indoor Series 9.5 GPM
This natural gas tankless water vent unit is around the third of the size of a conventional water heater.The product – also manufactured by Rheem – utilizes the latest technology and has an attractive design. The unit provides enough hot water for 3 bathrooms in the home.
+ 0.40 GPM (minimum activation flow rate) and low .26 GPM (minimum flow rate)
+ At 58 pounds, the product is light weight and compact – ideal if you don’t have much space in your home
+ Comes with thermostat wire (10 foot) and remote control
Here are what customers are saying about these direct vent water units:
Tankless Water Heater from EZ Deluxe
“The water vent comes with full instructions, and is easy to use and install. It has a small and lightweight design which means it saves on more space around the home. I could control the settings from an easy-to-use LCD control panel, and a free direct vent exhaust kit was included with the product. All in all, a great piece of kit that can be used for the home – especially if you want to save more money on your energy bills in the future.”
Advice on buying
Choose a product that is easy to install and set up, and one that has an instructional guide written in clear and concise language. The manufacturer of the product will also need to be contacted in a number of ways if you have a problem with the unit you have purchased, or just need some further information about how to make the most out of the product.
If you want to save money on your energy bills, and save space around your home, a direct vent unit is definitely a product for you. These products could even be safer than conventional heaters. The three direct water vent units featured above are some of the best products on the market, so check these out TODAY.